Thursday, November 26, 2009

Something has to give


I was in the hospital AGAIN on Tuesday morning. Whether the problem is with a low immune system, or what I'm eating, or another problem entirely... I need to find out what's going on. I need a serious lifestyle change. One thing that I am going to do is ensure that I drink as much water as I do soda. For every 12 ounces of coke, I have to have 12 ounces of water (or more.) A* is going to help me come up with some exercises to do at home... blahblahblah. I really want a Wii to use the Wii Fitness thing. I think that might be fun. A* thinks I have to be disciplined. Blahblahblah. It all comes down to motivation. I am tired of being sick. I want to go through an entire year without a visit to the emergency room. That's my goal: 2010 will be emergency room free! I know that I have changed my eating habits, and I do eat smaller portions... but I still eat too much. I also need to exercise more. More water. We're going to try adding some yogurt to promote digestive health. :-) I'm trying to decide between seeing a nutritionist or an allergy doctor. I'm leaning towards nutritionist... but how does one choose a nutritionist, exactly? I also have a small fear in the back of my mind that this unexplained nausea is a sign of a larger issue. I go to see my surgical oncologist on Dec. 4. I will talk to him and see what he thinks. Maybe it is simply a need to "get healthy." I'm ready to change some things to do that. But I also have seen how "getting healthy" takes over some people's lives and I don't want to be that person. Of course, instead I'm that other person who is always sick and telling stories about their ailments. Blahblahblah. Making decisions when I still don't feel great probably isn't the wisest choice, but it gets me started with the mindset... and it will be organic and flexible. I will fall down and I will pick myself up. I don't even care if I lose any weight. i just want to FEEL better.

No comments:

Post a Comment